The Seeds of your life practices, sprout the Roots of Health.
GETTING TO THE ROOT OF IT
ON SITE MAT BASED BODYWORK
With 16 years of clinical experience in chronic pain management I specialize in Integrated Manual Therapy a Multidisciplinary, multi-manual therapy approach that is based on Assessments and outcomes.
- Sessions Include Evaluation and Assessment
- Treatment Plan with Corrective Exercises for home care.
Primary Modalities: Thai Sports Massage, Prenatal, Deep Tissue, Neuromuscular Therapy, Trigger Point Therapy, Medical Massage Therapy, Yoga, Core Strength Vinyasa and Yoga Therapy featuring individual sessions and classes.
The root cause may be many. The body has a way of letting us know that there is something wrong, so finding the root issue is important. (Stress is a common issue it can irritate nerves and thus cause muscle cramps.)
With The Root's unique, inclusive, and personalized plan for each person, we work on EMPOWERING YOU to not only be free tension and pain but to reach your highest level of wellness. Whether you are looking to relieve stress, release pain and muscle tension, enhance exercise performance and recovery, or simply unwind, and enjoy a wonderful massage with a qualified practitioner, you'll find it here!
It is better to prevent than to cure.
- Peruvian proverb
EACH INDIVIDUAL’S WILLINGNESS TO TAKE ACTION TO SUSTAIN AND IMPROVE HIS OR HER OWN ENERGY PRODUCES A POWERFUL INFLUENCE THAT HAS THE POTENTIAL TO AFFECT HEALING THROUGHOUT THE COMMUNITY AND EVEN THE WORLD.
- R. Jahnke
Regular massage creates self-awareness that you can really feel; and this enables you to make better choices for your wellness. I will work with you, your physician, or personal trainer to establish a program that meets your needs and prepares you for the activities of your life.
Once I understand your needs, I can offer a variety of therapeutic massage modalities, which can be customized into a plan that you can embrace. My sole purpose is to provide treatment that energizes, balances, heals, and relaxes so you can maintain a healthy and vital life or recover from a stressed, injured, or traumatic state. Here are some of the benefits of therapeutic massage that you can expect.
Physical Benefits of Therapeutic Massage
• Relieves muscle tension and stiffness
• Alleviates pregnancy discomfort
• Promotes faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments; reduces pain, swelling and scar tissue formation
• Reduces muscle spasms
• Restores balance and harmony to body-mind
• Increases joint flexibility and range of motion
• Enhances athletic performance and heals injuries from sport or work activities
• Promotes deeper and easier breathing
• Removes blockages to restore the flow of Qi energy
• Improves blood circulation and lymph fluid movement
• Reduces blood pressure
• Disperses (sedates) areas of excess energy
• Increases (tonifies) areas of deficient energy
• Relieves tension-related headaches and eye-strain
• Enhances the health and nourishment of skin
• Improves posture through body awareness
• Strengthens the immune system
• Treats musculoskeletal problems
• Improves post operative and injury rehabilitation
• Promotes overall wellness
Mental Benefits of Massage Therapy
• Promotes relaxation and mental alertness
• Relieves mental stress and anxiety
• Improves ability to monitor and respond appropriately to stress signals
• Enhances calm thinking and creativity
• Calms and stabilizes mind and emotions
• Satisfies human need for caring, nurturing touch
• Fosters a feeling of well-being
• Creates body awareness
• Increases awareness of mind-body connection
(Source: American Massage Therapy Association and Jack Loer)
Benefits of Prenatal Massage Therapy
• Encourage relaxation
• Help alleviate muscle and joint pain
• Improve breathing and digestion
• Improve mom and baby’s health by reducing the negative impacts of stress on both
• Help mom feel more at home and in touch with herself and her baby
• Contribute to easier, shorter labors
• And it feels so good!
(Source: Body Therapy Associates. Carole Osborne)
Our custom treatments allow you that much-needed chance to step back from the chaos in life and be able to truly unwind and relax.
Looking to decrease muscle and joint pain and increase flexibility/range of motion? Tired of covering the symptoms?
Try our signature The Root of It:Thai, or Prenatal Massage.
Energy healing cleanses and balances the energy patterns in the body. As a result, the body’s natural self-healing mechanisms strengthen, helping to establish optimum mental, emotional, and physical health.
Try our Chakra Foot Reflexology, or if you'd still like the experience of a "Massage" with your energy work try our Mind Body Massage.
Please take the necessary time to Relax, Take A Deep Breath, Close Your Eyes & Be Still. Enjoy A Quiet Moment. Hope To See You Soon!
Massage is an effective tool for managing stress which can lead to:
Ready to relax? Your next appointment is just a few clicks away. We'll do our best to accommodate any specific requests you might have.
We hope to see you again! Check back later for new updates to our website. There's much more to come!
Give the Gift of well-being year round with a gift card for a therapeutic massage, from the Root of Wellness.
Perfect for any occasion, celebrate a birthday or anniversary, or just because it's the weekend. It's the gift that will elevate their day and help them achieve balance and overall well-being. Make someone's day!